-->

2010-01-22

T H E - A C C I D E N T - I S S U E


Failure is not a condemnation! It’s not the same thing. Failure is failure. Failure is an accident: art has tripped on the rug. In any case you should not forget my logic of failure, my logic of the accident. In my view, the accident is positive. Why? Because it reveals something important that we would not otherwise be able to perceive. In this respect, it is a profane miracle. What is a miracle? It is a gift brought before the eyes so that one may believe, so that there could be some superior hope. Granted, the accident, in a certain way, is a miracle in reverse. It reveals something absolutely necessary to knowledge. If there were no accident, we would not even begin to imagine the industrial revolution or the revolution in transportation, etc. So please don’t confuse the term failure.
(Paul Virilio »The Accident of Art« 2005)






Download the complete issue as a PDF here

No comments:

Post a Comment